First time in a while to prepare something thats not in a pitta or wrap! Very easy, just give yourself enough time for the spices to cook nicely in the coconut milk.
- 1 heaped teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon corriander powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 heaped teaspoon garlic granuals
- 1 heaped teaspoon ginger
- 1 heaped teaspoon garam masala
- 1 heaped teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 heaped teaspoon curry powder
- Loads Coriander leaves (cilantro!) Finely chopped
- 2 large Shallots
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Peanut oil
- 1 portion mix veg - mushrooms, sugar snap peas, corns
- 1/2 lime
- 1 small tub vegtable stock
- Heat some peanut oil in a saucepan, and add 1/4 of the shallots
- Add the minced garlic
- Add all the spices and mixed in with the shallots
- Add the coriander
- Add the full can of coconut milk
- Add half of the veg stock pot/cube
- Squeeze half a lime in
- When the mixture starts bubbling turn the heat down to low and let simmer
- When the sauce is about 10 mins in to cooking, add 1/2 the stock and 1 tablespoon curry powder to the boiling water, and add the rice. (Adjust timing based on the rice you are using)
- When its done I fried it off a little bit in peanut oil and some corriander leaves.
- Add peanut oil to your pan/wok. Add the veg in the order you prefer them to be cooked, i like mine nice and crunchy, so I add them all together and fry for about 2 mins.
- Dish the veg in to a bowl, and add sauce - amount to your liking.