Cant get corn tortillas, or avoiding wheat? Replace with little gem lettuce leaves!
Lettuce Open Burrito
- 4 leaves Gem lettuce
- 12 strips tofu
- 1 small cup basmati rice
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoon gram or rice flour
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 stock cup / pot
- srirachi sauce
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- I prefer basmati (12min cook) and rinse it well before throwing it on. Bring the water to a boil, add the veg stock and one tablespoon curry powder.
- Add the rice and turn down the heat until its bubbling slightly.
- Get a big bowl and add the flour and rest of curry powder.
- Add the strips of tofu and toss around in the mix. This dries it somewhat and coats it nicely.
- In your wok/pan and the peanut oil and get it nice and hot - depending on your pan/wok size you might need more oil, have enough that the bottom 1/4 of the tofu is sitting in it.
- Turn the tofu every 2 minutes, or until each side is nice and crispy.
- Remove the tofu and put on kitchen paper.
Put it all together!
- Break the gem lettuce up gentle, leaving you with cup like leaves.
- Add a couple of spoonfuls of rice to each leaf, and give a dash of soya sauce.
- Add 3 strips of tofu to each leaf. (I added some dried fried onion)
- Top with as much sriracha as you like!