Found a new brand in Tesco tonight – Vivera, and got their Shawarma strips, and they are delicious! This is simple to make, as always vegan, and this is wheat free too. It takes as long as the the linguine takes to cook (12mins.) to prep and cook everything.
- 85 grammes Shawarma
- 1/4 Onion
- 8 Olives halfed
- 1 Coriander / Cilantro
- 4 tbsp Bolognese sauce
- 1 handful Spinach shredded
- 1 clove Garlic minced/sliced
- 1 tsp Chilli
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
- 1 serving Durum wheat linguine
- Olive oil For cooking and garnish
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- Pop the linguine on with a tablespoon of olive oil and teaspoon of salt. While this cooking, you can prep and cook the rest.
- Slice up an onion, as much as you like and sliced how you like.
Portion out the shawarma - half a pack should be plenty for one.
Half some olives - as much as you like.
Shred some coriander.
Shred some spinach - again as much as you like.
- Heat pan and add olive oil.
Thrown in the onions, shawarma strips and garlic.
Add some salt and pepper
- Mix up occasionally.
Add the garlic, half the coriander, chilli and garlic salt.
- When everything is browned up add the shredded spinach.
When spinach has wilted add the sauce.
- Strain the linguine and add to bowl.
Add some olive oil (I add a chilli and garlic one). salt and pepper.
Dish out the shawarma.
Sprinkle with rest of coriander and chilli flakes.