Testing out chilli sauce while I wait for my chillies to grow – hopefully! This turned out fairly mild so I’ll double the chillies on next try. I like things spicy, but don’t like watering eyes and coughing!
(Mild) Chilli Sauce - Trial 1
- 1 Scorpion chilli Wear gloves when handling the chillies!
- 1 Birdseye chilli (red)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 large Onion
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 can Tomatoes
- 12 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Lime
- 5 tbsp Cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Agave syrup
- Dice the onion, garlic and chillies
- Add to hot saucepan of olive oil, and add tsp of salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, when onions are softened turn down the heat and let simmer for about 15mins
- While thats frying, blend all the tomatoes
- Add the veg to the blender and blend until smooth. Depending on your blender it might totally break up the chilli seeds
- Add the tomatoes and veg back to the saucepan
- Add the juice from the lime, the vinegar, and the agave
- Mix together and add more salt if desired
- Bring to the boil for about 2 mins, stirring to avoid spitting or burning
- Turn the heat down and let simmer. I simmered for 4-5 hours until it reached the consistency I liked.